Building upon the success of prior editions, Practical Neuroangiography, Third Edition, provides a detailed and richly illustrated guide to diagnostic and interventional neuroangiography and its role in the management of neurovascular disease.
The Third Edition provides the new fellow with the background knowledge needed to understand these procedures, the unusual variant anatomy that can affect treatment and outcomes, and the field’s current limitations.
Organized for ease of use, the book's four sections address techniques and safety; normal anatomy & pathology correlated with angiographic images; angiographic findings of neurovascular diseases; and an introduction to interventional techniques and emergency procedures. Actual patient cases provide practical stepwise coverage of each procedure, tips for accurate diagnosis, and guidance in clinical decision-making.
NEW to the Third Edition…
• CT and MR perfusion studies address the therapeutic challenges of vessel occlusion and damage to cranial tissue.
• More detailed techniques and concise patient cases combine to create a hands-on guide to successful outcomes.
• Strong emphasis on radiation risk & safety put the patient’s well-being first during therapeutic decision-making.
• Emphasis on the angiographic anatomy of the cerebrovascular system details key pathologic features that affect therapeutic approaches.
• Companion website with text/image search and additional cases is cross-referenced to specific chapters in the text for easy access to critical information.
Preface to the Third Edition
Preface to the First Edition
SECTION I Techniques and Safety
1 History and Introduction
2 Performing a Cerebral Arteriogram
3 Spinal Angiography: Technical Aspects
4 Pediatric Neuroangiography: Technical Aspects
5 Safety and Complications
6 Radiation Risks and Safety
Section II Anatomy
7 Embryology of the Cranial Circulation
8 Aortic Arch
9 The Circle of Willis
10 The Internal Carotid Artery
11 The Anterior Cerebral Artery
12 The Middle Cerebral Artery
13 The Posterior Cerebral Artery
14 The Extradural Vertebral Arteries
15 The Arteries of the Posterior Fossa
16 The Venous System
17 The External Carotid Artery and Extracranial Circulation
Section III Vascular Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment
18 Intracranial Aneurysms, Diagnosis and Treatment
19 Vascular Malformations of the Brain
20 Cranial Dural Vascular Malformations
21 Vascular Malformations of the Spine
22 Pediatric Ischemic Stroke and Arteriopathy
23 Carotid-Cavernous Fistulas
24 Nonaneurysmal Perimesencephalic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
25 ENT Bleeding and Tumor Embolization
26 Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome
27 Vasculitides Involving the Central Nervous System
28 Bow Hunter’s Stroke
29 Dural Sinus Occlusive Disease
30 Cerebral Vasospasm
31 Angioplasty and Stenting of Atherosclerotic Disease
32 Endovascular Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
33 Vein of Galen Malformations