Acquire a thorough understanding of cardiac imaging!
"I believe radiologists, cardiologists, and clinicians, as well as trainees, will find The Complete Guide to Cardiac CT to be an indispensible tool for learning the subject matter....It is practical in approach, but is solidly grounded in evidence-based medicine with a comprehensive review of the literature and timely references. The textbook provides an ideal resource for the cardiac imager and serves as an exceptional reference tool for understanding the anatomy and disease processes of the heart and coronary circulatory systems."--Theresa C. McLoud, MD, Dept. of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School (from the foreword)
Based on the popular review courses of educator and radiologist Dr. Simeon Abramson, The Complete Guide to Cardiac CT is a timely, hands-on learning tool'one that will help you master every important aspect of cardiac CT, from acquisition to interpretation. This unique guide translates complex concepts and topics into understandable, relevant subject matter and includes contributions from international leaders in cardiac CT.
Designed for the practical, day-to-day application of cardiac CT, the text also serves as a comprehensive visual resource more than 1000 laser-precise images and illustrations, all of which reflect the latest clinical acumen and cardiac imaging technology.
Focuses on the recognition, identification, and comprehension of heart and coronary circulatory pathology
Valuable to clinicians at any experience level
Logical 4-part organization consists of:
Technology section that encompasses coronary CT angiography technique, radiation concepts, and successful application of radiation dose reduction tools'-plus a detailed review of strategies for overcoming suboptimal examinations, complete with case examples.
Coronary Arteries section that thoroughly examines plaque detection and characterization, stenosis assessment, stents and bypass grafts, and assessment of coronary artery anomalies.
Beyond the Coronary Arteries details cardiac CT anatomy; myocardial, pericardial and valvular pathology; electrophysiology applications; and congenital heart disease in both pediatric and adult populations.
Controversial topics focuses on the utilization of cardiac CT in the acute setting, institution of the triple rule-out protocol, and anatomic versus physiologic imaging with Rubidium PET/CT/
Helpful pedagogy includes numerous tables, diagrams, figures, and illustrations
SECTION 1: TECHNOLOGY, TECHNIQUE, AND DOSIMETRY
1. The Evolution of CT Technology in Cardiac Imaging, Matthew J. Fleishman
2. Technique, Simeon Abramson
3. Dosimetry and Dose Reduction Techniques, Jonathon Leipsic and Brett Heilbron
4. Artifacts, Pitfalls, and Remedies, Jason L. Kelly and Simeon Abramson
SECTION 2: THE CORONARY ARTERIES
5. Coronary Artery and Venous Anatomy, Simeon Abramson
6. Myocardial Bridging, Abdel-Rauf Zeina
7. Coronary Artery Anomalies, Simeon Abramson
8. Aneurysm, Ectasia, and Dissection, Eric Kimura-Hayama and Simeon Abramson
9. Plaque Detection and Characterization, Gabija Pundziute and Tineke P. Willems
10. Coronary Artery Stenosis Assessment, Roger D. Bies and Carter Newton
11. Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts, Eli Konen and Simeon Abramson
12. Coronary Artery Stents, Eli Konen
SECTION 3: BEYOND THE CORONARY ARTERIES
13. Cardiac CT Anatomy, Sebastian Leschka, Gudrun Feuchtner, and Simon Wildermuth
14. The Myocardium, Simeon Abramson and Eli Konen
15. The Pericardium, Lynn S. Broderick
16. Cardiac Neoplasms and Pseudo-Tumors, Christopher J. Bennett, Phillip M. Young, and Philip A. Araoz
17. Valvular Heart Disease, Ronan E. Ryan and Jonathan Dodd
18. Myocardial Functional Analysis, Ronan E. Ryan and Jonathan Dodd
19. Electrophysiology Applications, Farhood Saremi and Damian Sanchez-Quintana
20. Congenital Heart Disease in the Pediatric Population,Hyun Woo Goo
21. Congenital Heart Disease in the Adult Population, Nila J. Akhtar and Robert C. Gilkeson
22. Myocardial Perfusion and Delayed Enhancement, Jonathan Lessick and Galit Aviram
SECTION 4: CONTROVERSY
23. Coronary CTA in the Acute Setting and the Triple Rule-Out Examination, Matthew J. Fleishman and Simeon Abramson
24. Myocardial Perfusion PET, Samuel C. Wang
25. Noncardiac CT Findings, Sopo Lin, Minh Lu, and Charles S. White
26. Atherosclerosis Imaging in Primary Preventive Cardiology, Jeffrey L. Boone