While many textbooks discuss diagnostic imaging and/or the management of cancer, Radiation Oncology: Imaging and Treatment is the first imaging book devoted to the advanced use of all imaging modalities in radiation oncology; including CT, PET/CT, MR, SPECT, 4D, ultrasound, and planar radiography). Also included are images of possible radiotherapy complications. Published by Amirsys, a global leader in medical knowledge, this one-of-a-kind title incorporate pearls related to planning external beam, SRS, SBRT, IGRT, LDR and HDR brachytherapy. Essential to the practicing and training radiation oncologist is a section dedicated to representative pathology, including the tumors most common for specific sites as well as a section devoted to radiotherapy didactic information, which includes appropriate dosages, fractionation schemes, local control rates, overall survival, and more. This handsome volume equips radiation oncologists with the most essential knowledge for their field.
· Detailed imaging information on the presentation of cancers, with an emphasis on cross-sectional imaging
· Treatment planning guidelines (with isodose information for representative cases)
· Clinical overviews for treating oncologists
· Up-to-date 7th edition AJCC staging tables
· Features the classic benefits of all Amirsys® titles, including time-saving bulleted text, Key Facts in each chapter, stunning annotated images, and an extensive index
· Amirsys eBook Advantage™, an online version of the print book with hundreds of additional images, larger images, and fully searchable text