Principles of Airway Management is the leading text on the essentials of airway management. First published in 1988 and now in its Fourth Edition, it remains the text of choice for clinicians and trainees across a range of specialties – anesthesiology, emergency medicine, critical care medicine, surgery, and acute care medicine – who confront the issue of airway management.
· Step-by-step guidance on airway management
· More than 400 illustrations, tables, and boxes – many now in color!
· New chapter on innovations in airway equipment
· New chapter on extubation strategies
· Major update on the pediatric airway
· The latest on equipment, techniques, surgical approaches, and the Laryngeal Mask Airway
· Comprehensive coverage of complications
· Well referenced, with suggestions for additional reading
· Thorough coverage of applied anatomy
From the reviews of the Third Edition:
“Airway texts tend to fall into one of two extremes: the oversimplified handbook... or the comprehensive text that can be overburdening to read. Principles of Airway Management is a superb bridge of these two worlds." --Anesthesia & Analgesia
“Covers well the basic principles of airway management...I would definitely recommend it for Anaesthetic or Emergency Department Libraries." -- Anaesthesia + Intensive Care
“A worthy reference for those in any specialty concerned with airway management. It is readable for the student as well as the senior practitioner... [it] should remain a valuable selection on a critical care or anesthesia reference shelf for years to come.” --Doody’s