Microscopic Haematology 3e is an atlas of Haematology designed for use in a diagnostic setting. The third edition provides over 400 full colour haematological slides of exceptional quality.
Arranged in a logical order, it commences with the red cell series describing normoblastic erythropoiesis and then goes on to describe abnormal erythropoiesis and all the red cell disorders associated with anaemia. Each type of anaemia is described with a minimal amount of text and accompanied by coloured haematological slides depicting the red cell changes associated with the particular disorder. The images have been magnified x1000 and are of a very high quality.
The platelet section follows on and adheres to the same format.
There is a section on haematology relating to paediatrics which describes red cell, white cell and platelet disorders occurring in cord blood, the neonate and childhood.
The last section is on Blood Parasites and describes the four species of human malaria. A description of the characteristic features of each species as it occurs in the red cell is accompanied by images clearly depicting the various stages of maturation of each species of malaria.
New to this edition
• expanded coverage of blood cell production, haematopoiesis and disease physiology
• detailed case studies for both adult and paediatric conditions (online)
• approximately 90 new images showing cell morphology and cell ultrastructures
• a comprehensive online teaching and learning package
• aligned with the current World Health Organisation classification standard