Kaplan & Sadock’s Pocket Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Treatment is the essential drug reference guide that offers recently updated data and discussion on all current major psychiatric drugs and trends in clinical use, organized for quick, efficient use. Whether you’re a psychiatrist, resident or fellow, medical student, nurse, social worker or other healthcare professional seeking a current psychiatric drug pocket guide, this handy softcover reference will serve as the perfect information aid.
• Drug information and interactions are presented throughout the book in the text and
• Drug photo ‘gallery’ shows images of the drugs, generic and brand
• Tabular lists of toxic and lethal doses of each drug, with overdose symptoms and emergency management
• Informed commentary by authors providing invaluable insight on current therapy trends affecting each
• Classification system based on pharmacologic activity and mechanism of
• Updated chapter on nutritional supplements and herbal
• New chapter on weight-loss drugs and the issue of obesity as it occurs in conjunction with psychiatric disorders